Alledria Hurt Slays Eleven Questions
1. Tell us a bit about yourself.
I'm Alledria Hurt. I live in sunny (most of the time) Savannah, GA where
if the sun don't kill you, the rain will try its hand. I'm primarily a
writer of spec fic, but I also have a terrifying love for shelf-help
2. Who is your favorite vampire author?
I grew up reading Anne Rice and she's the one I go back to most often
aside from Bram Stoker.
3. If you had a choice, would you be a vampire?
If it would heal the things wrong with my body, yes. If not, no. I'm
comfortable enough with the end coming not to be overly worried about
4. Who is your favorite vampire?
Ankasha from "Queen of the Damned" (book, not that horrible movie).
She's beautiful, she's powerful, and she's more than a little insane
from spending so long just watching the world go by without her.
5. What do you like the most about Slay?
The different takes on the vampire mythos. It reminds one that there are
a lot more things out there that go bump in the night.
6. What inspired you to write "Ujima"?
I have two sisters in my head. They've appeared in several stories
together, always in slightly different ways each time, but they are
always sisters. I wanted to tell their story as a story of family and
the choices one makes to keep it.
7. Tell us a bit about your story.
"Ujima" which means collective work and responsibility is a story about
family and the ties that bind. The main question of course is which
bindings one chooses to wear. Imani, my main character, has to make the
decision between her old family and her new family. That is the central
question of the piece.
8. What do you hope to accomplish with "Ujima"?
I hoped to entertain and maybe remind people how important family is.
9. Will there be more stories of Imani?
Maybe. I never quite know truthfully what's gonna happen with the people
who populate my brain.
10. How do we keep up with all things Alledria Hurt?
http://linktr.ee/alledria That'll give you my website and several of my
social media platforms.
11. What advice would you give to Slay readers about this anthology?
Be careful about reading in the dark! You just might dream of fangs in
To read Ujima by Alledria Hurt and the other amazing stories in this fantastic anthology, preorder your e-book today!