Balogun Ojetade Answers Eleven Cyberfunk Questions
1. Tell us a bit about yourself.
I am Balogun Ojetade. Balogun is my title—it means “War Chief.” My first name is actually Farinmola, but most call me Balogun. I am a martial arts master, author, game creator, “priest” in the Yoruba tradition called Ifa and screenwriter. I am also a husband, father to seven daughters and a son, and grandfather to four grandchildren.
2. What’s your favorite cyberpunk book/movie/anime?
My favorite cyberpunk book is The City, a Cyberfunk anthology written by some incredible authors. My favorite cyberpunk movie is actually a tie between Blade Runner and The Matrix, and my favorite cyberpunk anime is The Animatrix.
3. What do you like most about Cyberpunk?
I like cyberpunk’s exploration of mechanical and prosthetic parts on human flesh and the mind.
4. For you, what’s the difference between Cyberpunk and Cyberfunk?
Cyberfunk is more spiritual than Cyberpunk. It can be just as political, but its look at politics, body horror and the like have a spiritual bent.
5. What’s the title of your Cyberfunk story?
6. Give a brief synopsis.
What is love and how does a machine love, if it can.
7. What do you like/hate about your main character?
I like that he is young, loving and malleable.
8. Are we heading for a Cyberfunk/Cyberpunk future?
Not in my lifetime.
9. Would you become a cyborg?
Yes, if I could have a cybernetic bank account.
10. Could you love an A.I.?
Nah, but I can pretend if the A.I. was Oprah-rich.
11. How do we keep with all things Balogun?
Check me out on Facebook at afrikan.martial.arts and check out my website chroniclesofharriet.com.