1. Tell us a bit about yourself:
I am a mother, a writer, a woman, a reader, an editor, a friend, a scholar, a daughter, a sister, an auntie… a sum of many.
2. What’s your favorite cyberpunk book/movie/anime?
Is Minority Report cyberpunk? Total Recall—love all adaptations. The Matrix tops them all.
3. What do you like most about Cyberpunk?
The action, the intelligence, the characters, the setting… In an era of tech, what’s not to like?
4. For you, what’s the difference between Cyberpunk and Cyberfunk?
Cyberfunk pays attention to black people stories, typically featuring a black protagonist.
5. What’s the title of your Cyberfunk story?
6. Give a brief synopsis.
It’s the story of an illiterate woman, Natukunda, in the village. She gives all, for her husband, her children.
7. What do you like/hate about your main character?
I feel people. I like Natu’s sacrifice. It embodies much of what being a woman is—we surrender so much for our families, our people. I hate that this story (about a program that comes in the form of a Bluetooth chip inserted into the woman’s body) desecrates trust.
8. Are we heading for a Cyberfunk/Cyberpunk future?
I’d say both, please don’t shoot me. The world is diverse: why can’t they coexist?
9. Would you become a cyborg?
Yes, and no. I’d love the power, the knowledge. I’d hate the loss of choice, sentience.
10. Could you love an A.I.?
Totally. I’m very open-minded and will try anything. Once.
11. How do we keep with all things Eugen?
Find me on Twitter: @EugenBacon
My website: eugenbacon.com
Read Unlimited Data and 17 amazing stories in the Cyberfunk! Anthology. Preorder your book today. Release date: February 28, 2021